Tuesday, January 29, 2013

How to Make Easy Artisan Bread

I'm not kidding about how easy this homemade bread recipe is!  Once you make your first loaf, you will never want to spend the $$$ on specialty artisan bread again!  Ok not really, I will still break down and buy a loaf of good bread at the local farmer's market and so should you!  I believe in eating local and buying local, so it's totally justified spending!  I won't get into a rant because it's all about the yummy crusty bread here people!!!!


You mix the ingredients in a bowl...flour, yeast, salt, water ...cover with plastic wrap....let sit for at least 12 hours....and here's the key, you must bake it in a cast iron pot! And it comes out like that picture above! There's no kneading involved what so ever, I kid you not.  I ran across the recipe while googling "crusty bread" and found this awesome blog Simply So Good and everything this woman makes is really simply so good!!  Follow the link above and she will explain in full detail step by step how to make this bread and how to add things to make the bread even more yummy.  

Is it not the most beautiful loaf of bread you've ever seen!  I can't tell you how wonderful this bread is...perfect for Winter soups and stews!  Crusty on the outside but very soft on the inside.  It's also awesome sliced, toasted in the oven, and slathered with the strawberry jam we made this past Summer!

IMG_9555 

 If you're looking for a new, good food blog to follow, you will love Simply So Good! I've already sent a few friends there to try her crusty bread recipe and they absolutely rave about it and their husbands don't believe they made the bread themselves!  I think the secret is the cast iron pot!

Happy Baking!!!
~MaryDeluxe

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is amazing! As soon as I find a cast iron pot (which will be at the top of my second hand shopping list now) I'm going to try this! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that looks so good!!
    OK...must buy cast iron pot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, it looks so good and I'm surprised how crusty it is, usually you have to have water in the oven with the bread to steam it. I must try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so good- will definitely try it! (Of course, my cast iron pot is up at the cabin, though, so it will be a couple of months...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm that looks soooooo good! Patricia and I will have to try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try this - if only I had remembered to buy flour when I was at the market yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I requested and received a dutch oven for Christmas this year, just so that I can make this bread. I have made one to two loaves of this yummy bread each week since Christmas and love it. Its a great bread to make during the week when your working, but still want homemade bread. I mix the dough up when I get up in the morning and throw it in the oven when I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete