Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Blog Lovin': Save the Kales

A little over a year ago, I became a new resident of the Lehigh Valley and so I began a search online of blogs that might help me become more familiar with my new home. It's at that time, that I ran across the blog "Save the Kales",written by Jaime K, and have been a devoted reader ever since!

SaveTheKalesHeader

When I first began reading Jaime's blog, I enjoyed trying out her vegan recipes, reading about nifty local restaurants and quirky little shops.  My all time favorite STK recipe has to be her "SteelStacks Salad"!  You just can't go wrong with soba noodles and it's so simple to make!

STEELSTACKS SALAD RECIPE (from Save the Kales)
INGREDIENTS:
  • cooked Soba Noodles (2 “bundles” from one package)
  • 2-3 heads of broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1-2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into half-circle shapes
  • 2-3 carrots, peeled and cut any shape you like!)
  • 6-8 raw radishes, cut in circles
DRESSING and GARNISH:
  • 1/3 cup soy sauce OR tamari OR Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
  • 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 or 2 cloves fresh grated garlic
  • 2 Tbsp agave nectar
  • toasted sesame seeds
  • 1 bunch green onion, chopped 
Jaime has recently moved on to host her own local television show called, you guessed it, Save the Kales!  The shows are wonderful 30 minute episodes that showcase the community we live in, yummy vegan recipes that are so simple to make, and local people doing cool things!  I've had the pleasure of running into Jaime K,  quite by accident at a local book store, and was happy to discover that she's just as cute, and bubbly in person as she is on her show.  (After we left the store, I had to apologize to Sgt for trapping him in a "girl moment".)  



Where to find Jaime K and "Save the Kales":
Twitter
Pintrest

I look forward to reading more about her life adventures and hope you'll enjoy reading too!

~MaryDeluxe

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! This is soooo nice, I just stumbled across it this morning, and it makes me soo happy! Thank you! It was wonderful to meet you that day, too. We should grab a coffee! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are much welcome! I really enjoy seeing what you're up to on each episode. I just have to free up some time to start trying some of your recipes. Yes, we'll have to meet up sometime soon!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this.I really enjoyed the video and will definatly check out her blog for more.That greenhouse looked amazing and I wanted some of the apples.So cool you both got to meet.

    ReplyDelete