Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Morning Milo Monster

IMG_6501

I fight this guy every morning for sink space. I call him my bathroom buddy. He demands I turn the water on for him at the sink faucet first thing every morning. I'm not even allowed to pee first.

window

I've been working on the master bedroom bathroom this week. Hopefully I'll get around to finishing it up and posting some before and after photos. The challenge to this bathroom is the window in the room! I guess it's not a big deal if you don't mind people watching as you use the toilet/shower/have private time/etc. I personally don't like anyone being able to see me pee other than the cat so, I slapped up some cheap shelf contact paper over the glass. It gives privacy but doesn't block the light, which I love. It's a temporary solution until we get around to removing the current window and putting another window higher up the wall. I have a love affair with simple, cheap, creative, temporary fixes. You will probably see me using them a lot as I work on this old house.

Here's a great before picture!
IMG_6053

Heeheehee...What the Hell, really? Who designed this house? Okay so the house is over 150 years old, but really, no one since then has ever thought "what a stupid place for a window" and moved it? Oh well old window, your days are so numbered!

12 comments:

  1. That is by far the *worst* spot for a window in the bathroom!!! Makes you wonder doesn't it?

    Maybe that room wasn't always a bathroom...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a relative who has a window in exactly the same spot, her house is about 150 years old too, however the good thing is they just over look fields, however I still fine it a little unnerving going to the loo there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good gravy that window would freak me out. I would have covered it with a blanket or something in the interim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does the window open? If it does, maybe it was meant for ventilation in the event someone's stomach wasn't having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always took the attitude of, "who the hell wants to watch ME do my business?" and if they do, I don't really care! mwa hahaha!

    but, i get that the Mrs. wants some alone time w/out the robins and the sparrows peeping in on her privy time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww my roommate's cats love the bathroom too. I spill so much toothpaste on them because they insist on sitting IN the sink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, is the bathroom original to the house?? Was there maybe an outhouse?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My cat always used to jump in the bath and demand you switched the tap on so she could drink! I had a friend who's bathroom window was like that too, most strange. I would avoid using the toilet if possible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your blog because you like cats as much as I do! I'm going to "follow" you now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. That is bizarre. How about putting in some stained glass?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also vote stained glass.

    They must have just put a bathroom in what was originally an attic or other random upstairs room that already had the window there and just left it as is. Maybe there weren't any neighbors to worry about at the time. :) A friend of mine lived in an old Victorian that was divided up into a triplex and that was pretty much the same set up she had going.

    ReplyDelete