Sunday, September 11, 2011

Meet Me At The Candy Store

The Carmelcorn Shop, Easton PA.....the original since 1931!

IMG_6613

On Saturday, the Sgt and I headed over to Easton, PA to check out the local Farmer's Market held in the center square in downtown Easton. After grabbing some veggies and fresh baked bread, we headed into The Carmelcorn Shop, also located on the square. What a neat little blast from the past, I couldn't help but take a bunch of pictures of the cute, colorful interior. I love the red and white stripped color scheme! The Carmelcorn Shop will be celebrating the big 80 years in business on Oct 8th and we will definitely be going back to enjoy the festivities.

IMG_6616

IMG_6619

IMG_6618

IMG_6620

IMG_6622

You can read more about the history of The Carmelcorn Shop here!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that place! We haven't been to Easton in a few years but we still talk about going just to shop at the Carmelcorn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super adorable!! i have a little dream to own a vintage candy/soda shoppe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat- never heard of the place, but sounds like I need to get there. Maybe I'll get over on the 8th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love love love your new layout, it's so fun to look at! Adorable shop, there's a little popcorn shop downtown here, although it's not fully vintage inspired, many aspects are and it's just darling!! Nice to see that people still open cute places like that.
    And I asked my beau about how far we are from where you live in NJ, and he said a little over an hour. I smell a shopping date in a few months, hmm?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SusieQT....You should make a day of it. The crayola factory is also on the square and I bet your kids would love to go there too. Oh also stop by Salvage Goods and Phyliss's Vintage shop. You might not buy anything in either place but it's fun to look. I haven't found a good thrift shop yet around here??

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky...Thanks! Yes, we'll have to go exploring the Northern NJ area! I wonder if there are any good shopping destinations mid way?? hehehe We can start our own Vintage Jersey Dolls club...for all the vintage broads in North Jersey and the one that lives way out in N.W. Jersey! hahaha

    ~MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary- we just took the kids to the Crayola factory a couple weeks ago. Don't know how I missed the Carmelcorn Shop, except that it was raining and I was looking only for a parking space?

    If you feel like coming down a little further SW there's a decent place in Hellertown. We should do a thrift crawl someday!

    ReplyDelete