Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Food For Thought

I've been doing research on my new diagnosed Hypothyroid condition and was shocked to find out the bad connection it has with soy. Soy products are what I have lived on for years. A lot of easy convenient veggie products are made from soy. I thought I was being healthy all these years but instead I was probably destroying my thyroid. I have also discovered a bunch of other foods called goitrogens that aren't good for your thyroid function.

Cruciferous vegetables including:
  • Broccoli
  • Brussel sprouts
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Kale
  • Kohlrabi
  • Mustard
  • Rutabaga
  • Turnips

Millet

Peaches

Peanuts

Radishes

Soybean and soy products, including tofu

Spinach

Strawberries

What the hell am I gonna be able to eat?? I eat peanut butter every morning almost.....goodbye peanuts....at least I get to keep my almonds. And damn it to hell if I give up fresh juicy strawberries in the month of June! Goodbye soy, goodbye peanut butter.

Here are a few favorite snack items I still will be able to enjoy....

2 comments: